So what is this Mom Sexy business about? Mary at The Mommyologist is celebrating her one year blogoversary this week. In that one short year she has built something really amazing. Her blog was recently voted the Best Parenting Blog by Nickolodeon's Parents Connect network. In short, she rocks.
Mary's mission is to bring MOM SEXY back. As she says, "There is just no reason we should let the fact that we are mothers make us feel any less sexy... We can still be sexy as ever, but it’s a different kind of sexy. It’s MOM SEXY."
In honor of Mary's blogoversary and mission, I offer my list of the Top Ten Reasons I am MOM SEXY:
- My boobs are more likely to qualify me for National Geographic than Playboy, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
- I've gone from planning corporate events to planning play dates, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
- I can count on one hand the number of times my husband and I have been out together in the past two years, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
- Dinner out now involves Applebee's, not the new hot spot, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
- The scars on my abdomen resemble a smiley face, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
- I may go
daysweeks without shaving my legs, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
- An alarming percentage of my conversations are about poop, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
- Speaking of poop, I've wiped it from rear ends, chairs, walls, floors, bathtubs and our deck. So far. But I'm still MOM SEXY!
- My hair is in a semi-permanent ponytail, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
- I couldn't name any of the artists on the radio today, yet can sing most of the PBS TV show theme songs, but I'm still MOM SEXY!
But we should all feel sexy moms! We are amazing. Let's start at the beginning. Our bodies created life! We nurtured another human being inside our own body. And, for some of us, we continued to nurture that life at the breast. My husband has often pointed out how truly amazing that is. Ladies, our bodies ROCK!
Yes, having children changes our bodies forever, in ways we never imagined and are certainly not prepared to accept. And for those of us who did nurse, there were more humiliating changes. It makes us mad. It makes us sad. It is SO not fair. But while our bodies may not be what they once were, they are even more sexy than ever.
Beyond the physical is the fact that we handle more before lunch than most people do in a day. No one is more efficient, hard working or capable than a mom. And that is very, very sexy. We may not feel like we have it all together. We may not look it. But ladies, we have got it going on!
So tell me, how are you MOM SEXY? Join in this week and show the world how you are bringing MOM SEXY back! And be sure to link up to Mary...
Because accepting our imperfections IS THE NEW SEXY. Perfect is for boring people.