- RED My husband - I waited a long time for him. I refused to settle. I knew God had someone in mind for me, and when the time was right he would come into my life. I would have preferred he come along sooner, but it was God's plan, not mine. And good things do come to those who wait. He's my perfect partner.
- ORANGE Connections - Normally, one would just say, "friends." I have lots of great ones. And they do make me happy. But so do the connections I have made with people I have never met. Social media has opened up a whole new world to me. And I am getting to know so many fantastic people.
- YELLOW Being a stay-at-home mom - I agonized over the decision, and it wasn't the one I would have predicted. But now that I am home full time with my daughter, I am so happy. I can't imagine missing all the things I have been able to enjoy because I am with her.
- GREEN Living near the beach - I love the ocean. Always have. Growing up in the Midwest, I lived all year for my annual trip to the beach for vacation. I don't know what it is about it. The smell of the ocean. The sound of the waves. The feel of the water and the sand. The beach restores my soul. It calms me. No matter what I have going on, if I go to the beach I am at peace.
- BLUE Living in America - It's not perfect. This country has plenty of problems. But I don't think there is a day that goes by I am not grateful to be an American. And proud. I have friends in many other countries, and I mean no disrespect. I hope they feel as much national pride for their homelands as I do. Living in America makes me happy.
- VIOLET My daughter - To say she is the joy of my life is just not enough. It still amazes me that I have the divine privilege of being her mom. She is so incredible! And I am so crazy in love with her. I had all but given up on having a baby. Then, at the age of 40, I became a first time mom. And I'm loving every minute (well, most of them).
- INDIGO Being a writer - I have always loved writing, but there have been times in my life when I have been pulled away. Rediscovering my passion and committing myself to it at the beginning of this year has brought me tremendous happiness. Truth be told, I'm not sure I'd be as content with the stay at home mom role if I didn't have my writing. It provides a creative outlet I need.
So there they are; my seven colors. Now, the best part! I get to pass this award on to some of the bloggers I was unable to include last week! Which is great, because I hated leaving them out! They rock, and you will love them (if you haven't already discovered their awesomeness)! Plus, I think these ladies will do a fantastic job sharing their own seven colors. I look forward to reading the posts:
Diary of a New Mom
Not Super Just Mom
Naked Girl in a Dress
Pajamas and Coffee
The Truth About Motherhood
And that still doesn't cover all the wonderful blogs I follow! I guess someone else needs to give me an award so I can keep on sharing the blog love! ;)